Fraud and Identity Theft
One of The Capital Bank’s primary concerns is protecting you, our valued customer, from identity theft and fraud. With top of the industry, leading edge security practices, we are continually considering the best way to protect you. However, there are some best practices that you can employ too. Learn more about how to protect yourself through the resources listed below.
- Staysafeonline.org – Information on how to stay safe online, on your computer and mobile devices, sponsored by The National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA).
- FCC Smartphone Security Checker
- Don’t Be an On-line Victim: How to Guard Against Internet Thieves and Electronic Scams
- Identity Theft
- Phishing Scams
- Safe Internet Banking
- Stopfraud.gov – A one-stop site for American consumers to learn how to protect themselves from fraud and to report it wherever — and however – it occurs
- IDTheft.gov – The centralized government web site on identity theft
- Take Charge: Fighting Back Against Identity Theft
If you ever have any questions about Identity Theft, Scams or Fraud, or if you are concerned that you may be a victim, call us immediately at (501) 228-6000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.